Benefits of Affiliation
By affiliating your local Driving Instructors Association with the Driving Instructor’s Scottish Council, you will receive the following benefits as a result of your subscription:
- Two local Association representatives can attend Council meetings held four times a year, with full voting rights on any proposals.
- DISC has full consultative status with the DSA; by representing the views of your Association you have a direct route to enable your members to influence the strategy and policy making decisions made at a national level for the Driver Training Industry.
- The opportunity to receive direct information on the current status of the industry and anticipated future changes.
- Networking with other local Associations for support and sharing of ideas and information.
- Access to CPD courses and events at a preferential rate through economies of scale. DISC is a non-profit organisation so course costs are significantly lower than most other providers.
- Access to bespoke CPD presentations, jointly created by DISC with Ian Edwards of eDriving Solutions, which can be delivered locally to your members.
- Input and access to the annual DISC Conference
Costs of Affiliation
Affiliation to DISC costs Driving Instructor Associations£150 per annum.
This fee covers:
Venue costs to hold four Council meetings per year
Travel expenses for DISC representative(s) to attend DSA and National Association meetings on behalf of member associations
All administration and running costs
All Council members participate on a voluntary basis and are unpaid
Contact Us Today:
Tel: 07885 975851
Today at the AGM Gavin Brownlie stepped down from his role as Chairman. Gareth Marchant also stepped down as Vice Chairman.
I'd like to publicly thank Gavin for everything he has done on behalf of Driving Instructors over the last five years. A big thanks is also deserved by Gareth Marchant for many years of service to DISC. He and Gavin made a good team and gave up many many hours voluntarily, to represent & further the industry. Thank you both.